- ½ cup (100g) cracked greenwheat freekeh
- 250 grams baby roma (egg) tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 1 large beetroot (beets) (200g), peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, roasted, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh small mint leaves
- ½ cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Place freekeh in a medium saucepan of water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, make lemon yoghurt dressing. Combine ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 3Place freekeh in a large bowl with tomatoes, onion, beetroot, walnuts and herbs; toss gently to combine. Drizzle with dressing. If you like, sprinkle with extra strips of lemon rind (see tips).
Use a julienne peeler to easily cut the beetroot into matchsticks. If you have one, use a zester to create strips of lemon rind. If you don't have one, use a vegetable peeler to remove the rind, avoiding the white pith, then cut it into long thin strips.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021