Flourless chocolate cakes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 gram dark chocolate (70% cocoa), grated finely
- 3/4 cup (75g) ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut oil, melted
- 125 gram raspberries
- 1 large ripe avocado (320g)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon honey
Flourless chocolate cakes with avocado icing
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease an 8-hole, ¾-cup (180ml) mini loaf pan tray; line bases and sides with baking paper.
- 2Beat egg yolks, ½ cup (110g) of the sugar and the extract with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Fold in combined chocolate and ground hazelnuts.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar; beat until sugar dissolves between additions and mixture is glossy and stiff. Gently fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture with coconut oil. Pour into pan holes.
- 4Bake cakes for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave in pans for 10 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Make avocado icing: Blend or process ingredients until smooth and glossy.
- 6Spread icing onto cooled cakes; top with raspberries.
Un-iced cakes can be made 2 days ahead. Store in an airtight container. Ice cakes on day of serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019