- 2 medium green apples (300g), grated coarsely
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 2 cup (240g) ground almonds
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 5 small plums (375g), halved
- 2 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup, extra
- 2 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 10.5cm x 21cm x 6cm (base measurement) loaf pan; line base and long sides with baking paper.
- 2Combine apple, egg, milk, honey, extract and orange blossom water in a large bowl. Add ground almonds and baking powder; stir until just combined.
- 3Spread mixture into pan, level top; top with plums, cut-side up, pressing them slightly into the batter. Drizzle with extra honey.
- 4Bake for 1 3/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Sprinkle with coconut and serve warm.
You can also make this loaf with other stone fruit such as small peaches or apricots. You may need to cover the loaf loosely with baking paper during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. For paleo and dairy-free diets, serve with coconut yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021