- 2 medium green apples (300g), grated coarsely
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup (60ml) So Good unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 2 cup (240g) ground almonds
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 5 small plums (375g), halved
- 2 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup, extra
- 2 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 10.5cm x 21cm x 6cm (base measurement) loaf pan; line base and long sides with baking paper.
- 2Combine apple, egg, milk, honey, extract and orange blossom water in a large bowl. Add ground almonds and baking powder; stir until just combined.
- 3Spread mixture into pan, level top; top with plums, cut-side up, pressing them slightly into the batter. Drizzle with extra honey.
- 4Bake for 1 3/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Sprinkle with coconut and serve warm.
You can also make this loaf with other stone fruit such as small peaches or apricots. You may need to cover the loaf loosely with baking paper during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. For paleo and dairy-free diets, serve with coconut yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022