- 1 kilogram firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 small red capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small green capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 small tomato (90g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- banana leaves, to serve
- 1Cut fish into 30 x 12cm strips, 1cm thick. Roll each strip into a scroll, secure with a skewer; season.
- 2Combine vinegar and oil in a small saucepan; stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until warm – do not boil. Combine capsicum, onion and tomato in a small bowl; pour over warmed vinegar mixture, season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, heat an oiled large frying pan over medium-high heat; pan-fry fish, in batches, for 1½ minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 4Cut banana leaves into large rectangles; serve fish on banana leaves with capsicum salsa. Sprinkle over chilli and coriander.
You will need 30 small (15cm) bamboo skewers and a large banana leaf. Banana leaves can be ordered from fruit and vegetable stores. Cut with a sharp knife close to the main stem, then immerse in hot water so the leaves will be pliable. Depending on the shape of the fish, you may need to roll two pieces of fish together.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate slab cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy vanilla cupcakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Almond friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sensational spring dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Women's Weekly Vintage Edition: Gingerbread peopleYesterday 1:00pm
- Oven temperature conversionsYesterday 4:43am
- Char kway teowOct 27, 2020
- Mango recipes for dessertOct 27, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Chicken schnitzelOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- Fruit mince pies and treats for ChristmasOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020