- 1 kilogram firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 small red capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small green capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 small tomato (90g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- banana leaves, to serve
- 1Cut fish into 30 x 12cm strips, 1cm thick. Roll each strip into a scroll, secure with a skewer; season.
- 2Combine vinegar and oil in a small saucepan; stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until warm – do not boil. Combine capsicum, onion and tomato in a small bowl; pour over warmed vinegar mixture, season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, heat an oiled large frying pan over medium-high heat; pan-fry fish, in batches, for 1½ minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 4Cut banana leaves into large rectangles; serve fish on banana leaves with capsicum salsa. Sprinkle over chilli and coriander.
You will need 30 small (15cm) bamboo skewers and a large banana leaf. Banana leaves can be ordered from fruit and vegetable stores. Cut with a sharp knife close to the main stem, then immerse in hot water so the leaves will be pliable. Depending on the shape of the fish, you may need to roll two pieces of fish together.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022