- 1 kilogram firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 small red capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small green capsicum (75g), chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 small tomato (90g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- banana leaves, to serve
- 1Cut fish into 30 x 12cm strips, 1cm thick. Roll each strip into a scroll, secure with a skewer; season.
- 2Combine vinegar and oil in a small saucepan; stir over low heat for 3 minutes or until warm – do not boil. Combine capsicum, onion and tomato in a small bowl; pour over warmed vinegar mixture, season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, heat an oiled large frying pan over medium-high heat; pan-fry fish, in batches, for 1½ minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 4Cut banana leaves into large rectangles; serve fish on banana leaves with capsicum salsa. Sprinkle over chilli and coriander.
You will need 30 small (15cm) bamboo skewers and a large banana leaf. Banana leaves can be ordered from fruit and vegetable stores. Cut with a sharp knife close to the main stem, then immerse in hot water so the leaves will be pliable. Depending on the shape of the fish, you may need to roll two pieces of fish together.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 29 fabulous fetta recipesJun 24, 2022
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022