Fish pot pies
- 1 cup (250ml) fish stock
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 300 gram salmon fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300 gram firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 large potatoes (600g), chopped coarsely
- 1 small kumara (250g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 40 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
Fish pot pies
- 1Place stock and the water in medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Add fish, reduce heat; simmer gently, about 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove fish from pan; place a few pieces each of salmon and white fish in 1 cup (250ml) shallow ovenproof dish for toddler, then divide remaining fish into three 2-cup (500ml) shallow ovenproof dishes. Strain stock mixture into medium jug; discard solids.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave vegetables until tender; drain. Push vegetables through sieve into large bowl; stir in milk and half the butter until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Preheat grill.
- 4Melt remaining butter in small saucepan; add flour, cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in reserved stock mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in parsley.
- 5Pour a little of the sauce over toddler's fish; top with some of the vegetable mixture.
- 6Pour remaining sauce over fish in large dishes, top with remaining vegetable mixture; season to taste.
- 7Sprinkle dishes with cheese. Place dishes on oven tray; grill until browned lightly.
The pies can be prepared several hours ahead, and instead of browning them under the grill, heat and brown them in the oven at 180°C (160°C fan-forced) for about 30 minutes. The pies are not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020