- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) fish stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 300 gram salmon fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 300 gram smoked cod fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 300 gram snapper fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 large_piece potatoes (1.2kg), chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 60 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chervil
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Combine stock, the water, thyme, bay leaf and peppercorns in large saucepan; bring to the boil. Add fish, reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove fish from pan; divide fish among four 1½-cup (375ml) ovenproof dishes. Strain liquid through sieve into large heatproof jug. Discard solids; reserve stock.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain. Push potato through sieve into large bowl; add milk and half the butter, stir until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Preheat grill.
- 4Melt remaining butter in medium saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens slightly. Gradually stir in reserved stock; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in herbs.
- 5Divide sauce among dishes; cover each with potato mixture. Place on oven tray; grill until browned lightly.
The fish pie goes well with steamed baby green beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022