A great way to get kids to eating fish; it's cleverly disguised and tastes great too.
- 1 kilograms skinless firm white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (75g) panko (japanese) breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 cups (250g) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1Oil 20cm x 30cm rectangular slice pan.
- 2Process fish, parsley, rind, juice and garlic until smooth; season. Using spatula, press mixture evenly into pan; turn onto baking-paper-lined tray. Cut into eight 20cm long slices; cut each slice in half crossways to make 16 fingers. Cover; freeze for 10 minutes or until firm but not frozen.
- 3Place flour, egg and breadcrumbs, separately, in three shallow bowls. Pat fish fingers with flour; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
- 4Heat 1cm vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish fingers, in batches, about 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- 5Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave peas until tender; drain. Coarsely crush peas in a medium bowl; stir in olive oil and mint.
- 6Serve fish fingers with mushy minted peas. Accompany with extra mint, tartare sauce or mayonnaise, and lemon wedges, if you like.
This recipe is a great way to get kids to eat fish; it's cleverly disguised and tastes great too.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021