- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 5 centimetre piece fresh ginger (25g), grated
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garam marsala
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 4 200g white fish fillets
Steamed jasmine rice
- 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 1Heat half the oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion, ginger, garlic and sugar, stirring, until caramelised lightly. Add spices, cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 2Add stock to pan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add buttermilk, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Make steamed jasmine rice. Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, drain. Bring the water to the boil, covered, in medium saucepan, add rice. Cook, covered, over low heat, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork.
- 4Heat remaining oil in large frying pan. Cook fish until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 5Divide rice among serving bowls, top with fish and curry sauce. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020