- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 5 centimetre piece fresh ginger (25g), grated
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garam marsala
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 4 200g white fish fillets
Steamed jasmine rice
- 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 1Heat half the oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion, ginger, garlic and sugar, stirring, until caramelised lightly. Add spices, cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 2Add stock to pan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add buttermilk, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Make steamed jasmine rice. Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, drain. Bring the water to the boil, covered, in medium saucepan, add rice. Cook, covered, over low heat, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork.
- 4Heat remaining oil in large frying pan. Cook fish until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 5Divide rice among serving bowls, top with fish and curry sauce. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 10 sweet festive favouritesToday 4:00am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchToday 12:29am
- Apple pieToday 12:29am
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Fresh apricot jamYesterday 8:00pm
- PikeletsYesterday 5:00pm
- Vegetarian pasta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Green saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 brilliant blinis to share with friendsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky date puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Panettone tiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast recipes for Christmas morningYesterday 1:00pm