- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 5 centimetre piece fresh ginger (25g), grated
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon garam marsala
- 2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 4 200g white fish fillets
Steamed jasmine rice
- 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 2 cup (500ml) water
- 1Heat half the oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion, ginger, garlic and sugar, stirring, until caramelised lightly. Add spices, cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 2Add stock to pan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add buttermilk, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 3Make steamed jasmine rice. Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, drain. Bring the water to the boil, covered, in medium saucepan, add rice. Cook, covered, over low heat, 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork.
- 4Heat remaining oil in large frying pan. Cook fish until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 5Divide rice among serving bowls, top with fish and curry sauce. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020