- 700 millilitre bottle vodka
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthways
- 1 cup (200g) whole dried figs, chopped coarsely
- 2 cup (320g) almond kernels
- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 3 cup ice cubes
- 1Pour vodka into a medium jug, reserve bottle. Add vanilla bean and fig, stir until combined. Cover, refrigerate for 1 week.
- 2Blend almonds and milk until almonds are finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 3Strain vodka mixture through a muslin-lined sieve over a medium bowl, discard vanilla beans and reserve figs. Pour infused vodka back into reserved bottle. (Vodka will last indefinitely, stored in a cool, dark place.)
- 4Strain almond milk through muslin into a large jug. Refrigerate until required.
- 5To serve, divide ice among 10 glasses, add ¼ cup infused vodka and 160mls of the chilled almond milk to each glass. Stir to combine. Infused vodka can be made up to a month ahead.
YOU WILL NEED TO START THIS RECIPE 1 WEEK A HEAD. SERVE THIS COCKTAIL TOPPED WITH A PINCH OF GROUND NUTMEG OR CINNAMON, AND HALF A CINNAMON STICK TO STIR. THE RESERVED FIGS WILL BE QUITE BOOZY AFTER SOAKING IN VODKA FOR A WEEK. YOU CAN EITHER DISCARD THEM OR KEEP THEM FOR ANOTHER USE. TRY STIRRING THEM THROUGH VANILLA ICE-CREAM.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019
- Pea and ham soupJun 04, 2019
- Embrace eggplant with these 10 tasty recipesJun 03, 2019