- 700 millilitre bottle vodka
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthways
- 1 cup (200g) whole dried figs, chopped coarsely
- 2 cup (320g) almond kernels
- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 3 cup ice cubes
- 1Pour vodka into a medium jug, reserve bottle. Add vanilla bean and fig, stir until combined. Cover, refrigerate for 1 week.
- 2Blend almonds and milk until almonds are finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 3Strain vodka mixture through a muslin-lined sieve over a medium bowl, discard vanilla beans and reserve figs. Pour infused vodka back into reserved bottle. (Vodka will last indefinitely, stored in a cool, dark place.)
- 4Strain almond milk through muslin into a large jug. Refrigerate until required.
- 5To serve, divide ice among 10 glasses, add ¼ cup infused vodka and 160mls of the chilled almond milk to each glass. Stir to combine. Infused vodka can be made up to a month ahead.
YOU WILL NEED TO START THIS RECIPE 1 WEEK A HEAD. SERVE THIS COCKTAIL TOPPED WITH A PINCH OF GROUND NUTMEG OR CINNAMON, AND HALF A CINNAMON STICK TO STIR. THE RESERVED FIGS WILL BE QUITE BOOZY AFTER SOAKING IN VODKA FOR A WEEK. YOU CAN EITHER DISCARD THEM OR KEEP THEM FOR ANOTHER USE. TRY STIRRING THEM THROUGH VANILLA ICE-CREAM.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019