- 315 gram (10 ounces) crusty white bread, sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup (160g) fig jam (conserve)
- 1/2 cup (65g) finely chopped dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 2 1/3 cup (600ml) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1Grease 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker bowl. Spread bread slices with jam. Layer bread, overlapping, in cooker bowl; sprinkle with cranberries.
- 2Combine milk, cream, sugar and extract in medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Whisk eggs in medium bowl; gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Pour custard over bread; stand 5 minutes.
- 3Cook, covered, on low, about 4 hours (do not lift the lid during the cooking process, see tip).
- 4Remove bowl from cooker. Stand pudding
- 5minutes before serving. Serve pudding dusted with a little sifted icing sugar.
It's important not to lift the lid during the cooking of the pudding, as the condensation runs down the side of the cooker and causes damp patches on the pudding. We used a small vienna loaf in this recipe. serving suggestion Serve pudding with cream and/or ice-cream. Not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021