- 400 gram dried fettuccine pasta
- 100 pancetta, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta in large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet instructions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125mL) of cooking water. Return pasta to pan.
- 2Cook pancetta in a frying pan over low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until starting to crisp. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 min.
- 3Combine eggs and parmesan in a bowl. Add pancetta mixture, egg mixture and reserved reserved cooking water to pasta, then stir over low heat for 1 minute or until well combined. Be careful not to overcook or egg will scramble. Season with pepper and serve with extra parmesan.
- 4Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Serve pasta sprinkled with chives.
For a special touch add 1/3 cup (80ml) white wine to the pan in step 2 after the gsrlic is cooked, then let it bubble away for a minute or two until almost evaporated. You can add 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley with eggs in step 3.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022