- 500 gram fresh fettuccine pasta
- 60 gram butter
- 6 (390g) rindless bacon slices, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) pouring cream
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in medium frying pan. Fry bacon about 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, pepper and cream to pan. Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reduces by half. Remove from heat. Stir in egg and cheeses.
- 4Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Serve pasta sprinkled with chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019