- 500 gram fresh fettuccine pasta
- 60 gram butter
- 6 (390g) rindless bacon slices, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) pouring cream
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in medium frying pan. Fry bacon about 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, pepper and cream to pan. Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reduces by half. Remove from heat. Stir in egg and cheeses.
- 4Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Serve pasta sprinkled with chives.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 12:26am
- Banoffee pieYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingYesterday 12:13am
- White ChristmasNov 13, 2019
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseNov 13, 2019
- How to make basic sconesNov 13, 2019
- Caesar saladNov 13, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladNov 13, 2019
- Meatloaf recipe - classicNov 13, 2019
- Lemon meringue pieNov 13, 2019
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeNov 13, 2019
- Curried sausagesNov 13, 2019
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019