- 25 gram butter
- 150 gram button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 millilitre cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 375 gram fettuccine
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1Melt butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, bacon and garlic. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes, or until browned.
- 2Add cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water 10-12 minutes, or until tender but firm to the bite. Drain, return to pan. Add sauce, cheese and chives to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at once.
You can replace fettuccine with any plain pasta. You could also use ravioli or agnolotti. For a lower-fat version, omit the butter and use light cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019