- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5 kilogram minced beef
- 1/2 cup (140 grams) tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cup (625 millilitres) beef stock
- 2 kilogram canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 375 gram fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) flaked parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- 2Add beef to pan; cook, stirring, until browned. Add paste, stock and tomatoes; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer a further 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in oregano. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta in until tender; drain.
- 4Serve 6 cups of the bolognese mixture with the pasta, sprinkle bowls of pasta with parmesan.
- 5Reserve and freeze remaining bolognese for later use.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020