- 500 gram fresh fettuccine pasta
- 80 gram butter
- 1 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1In large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until tender; drain. Return to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium frying pan, melt butter. Add cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until sauce reduces by half. Add cheese; stir over low heat about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 3Add sauce to pasta; toss gently to coat, season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
Do not reduce the cream too rapidly, or by too much, as it can burn. Check and stir once or twice and take the pan off the heat when it is reduced correctly. It is fine to use just one 300ml carton of cream for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022