Festive caramel nut tart
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 100 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 375 gram good-quality unsalted mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- 60 gram butter
- 1/3 cup (115g) golden syrup
Festive caramel nut tart
- 1Place the flour, icing sugar and cold butter in a food processor and process until combined. Add egg and process until just combined. Turn out onto a floured bench and knead gently into a soft dough. Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Lightly grease a 23cm round loose-base flan tin. Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface (or between 2 sheets of baking paper) until large enough to line the tin, about 3mm thick. Use a rolling pin to lift the pastry into the tin; press into side.
- 3Trim the edge and prick the pastry with a fork over the base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line pastry with baking paper and cover with uncooked rice or beans (or pastry weights) to weigh the paper down; place tin on an oven tray. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and weights, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 5Meanwhile, place the nuts and sesame seeds on an oven tray. Roast in oven for about 8 minutes or until fragrant and browned lightly. Reserve 1 /3 cup of nuts and seeds for decoration.
- 6Combine the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a medium saucepan; stir over a medium heat until boiling. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and a caramel colour.
- 7Working quickly, combine the hot caramel, remaining warm nuts and seeds in pan; spread mixture into the pastry shell. Decorate top of tart with reserved nuts and seeds.
- 8To serve, cut with a sharp knife heated with hot water and cleaned after each cut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker massaman beef curryToday 6:00am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 2:00am
- Eggplant parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low calorie recipes for the 5:2 Fasting DietYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 2:00pm
- Adorable mini cheesecakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 filling ideas for cannelloniYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make the perfect roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020