- 600 gram (1¼ pounds) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1 medium_piece (150g) brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 (430g) loaf turkish bread
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 large_piece (220g) tomato, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (140g) yogurt
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Blend or process chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, spices, soda, flour and egg until almost smooth, season. Shape mixture into four patties, place on tray. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Cook patties on heated oiled barbecue flat plate about 10 minutes or until browned both sides.
- 3Cut bread into quarters, toast both sides on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan).
- 4Meanwhile, make yogurt and tahini sauce. Combine ingredients in small bowl, season to taste.
- 5Split each piece of bread in half horizontally; sandwich sauce, rocket, patties and tomato between bread halves.
When cooking felafel, use two spatulas to turn them carefully.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021