- 2 wholemeal lebanese bread (160g), cut into wedges
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 180 gram marinated fetta in oil
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 baby gem lettuce (180g), leaves seperated
- 6 red radishes (300g), cut into quarters
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), cut into 2cm pieces
- 250 gram heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- sumac, extra, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Arrange bread wedges on tray, in a single layer. Spray both sides lightly with oil; sprinkle with combined sumac and salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, drain and reserve oil from fetta into a jug or small bowl; you will need ¼ cup (60ml).
- 4To make dressing, whisk the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and reserved fetta oil in a small bowl; season to taste.
- 5Separate outer leaves from lettuce; cut heart into quarters. Place lettuce, radish, cucumber, green onion, tomato and half the mint in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 6Transfer salad to a large platter; top with crumbled fetta and remaining mint. Serve with bread chips and extra sumac. Drizzle with dressing just before serving
You can substitute 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar stirred with 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar for the pomegranate molasses. Ground cumin can be substituted for sumac.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesYesterday 9:16pm
- Embrace eggplant with these tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chopped tomato salad with sesame saltYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 tantalising tiramisu recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Flourless chocolate, prune & hazelnut cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Dark chocolate mud cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Sesame chicken katsu saladFeb 13, 2020
- How to: BarbecueFeb 13, 2020
- Apricot and tahini bliss ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Choc-nut brownie ballsFeb 13, 2020
- Vegetable gado gado with peanut sauceFeb 13, 2020
- Loaded potato saladFeb 13, 2020
- Shepherdless pieFeb 13, 2020