- 50 gram butter
- 200 gram sliced ham
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 125 gram punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped drained roasted red capsicums
- 2 tablespoon caramelised onion
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- micro parsley, mixed salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2In a 20cm non-stick, oven-proof frying pan, melt half the butter on medium. Cook ham for 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown. Remove from pan.
- 3In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs and cream together. Season.
- 4Heat remaining butter in pan. Pour in egg mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon a little to loosen from base. Swirl around edges until starting to set. Scatter over parmesan then tomatoes, spinach, capsicum, ham, onion and dollops of ricotta.
- 5Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set and golden. Serve in wedges scattered with micro parsley and accompanied with mixed salad.
Serve with sour dough toast and crispy bacon if liked. Prepare your own char-grilled capsicum or use one purchased from the deli or in jars.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020