- 50 gram butter
- 200 gram sliced ham
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 125 gram punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped drained roasted red capsicums
- 2 tablespoon caramelised onion
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- micro parsley, mixed salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2In a 20cm non-stick, oven-proof frying pan, melt half the butter on medium. Cook ham for 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown. Remove from pan.
- 3In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs and cream together. Season.
- 4Heat remaining butter in pan. Pour in egg mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon a little to loosen from base. Swirl around edges until starting to set. Scatter over parmesan then tomatoes, spinach, capsicum, ham, onion and dollops of ricotta.
- 5Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set and golden. Serve in wedges scattered with micro parsley and accompanied with mixed salad.
Serve with sour dough toast and crispy bacon if liked. Prepare your own char-grilled capsicum or use one purchased from the deli or in jars.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- How to cook lamb backstrapNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 20, 2019