- 50 gram butter
- 200 gram sliced ham
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 125 gram punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped drained roasted red capsicums
- 2 tablespoon caramelised onion
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- micro parsley, mixed salad, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2In a 20cm non-stick, oven-proof frying pan, melt half the butter on medium. Cook ham for 4-5 minutes until beginning to brown. Remove from pan.
- 3In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs and cream together. Season.
- 4Heat remaining butter in pan. Pour in egg mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon a little to loosen from base. Swirl around edges until starting to set. Scatter over parmesan then tomatoes, spinach, capsicum, ham, onion and dollops of ricotta.
- 5Bake for 8-10 minutes until just set and golden. Serve in wedges scattered with micro parsley and accompanied with mixed salad.
Serve with sour dough toast and crispy bacon if liked. Prepare your own char-grilled capsicum or use one purchased from the deli or in jars.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020