Onion and capsicum jam
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup light tzatziki
- mint leaves, to serve
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves, stalks separated
- 1 cup frozen broad beans, podded
- 1 cup water
- 400 gram can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 180 gram packet falafel mix
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
Falafel tray bake with onion and capsicum jam
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 6-cup oval casserole dish (you could also use an 18x28 oven tray).
- 2In a large lightly oiled frying pan, saute onion on medium for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add capsicum, sugar, balsamic and water. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 5-6 minutes until water evaporates. Season. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 3Meanwhile, to make the falafel; in a small food processor, combine coriander stalks and stems, half the broad beans, water, and half the chickpeas. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl with falafel mix, remaining chickpeas and spices. Season. Mix well, press into casserole dish.
- 4Bake for 15-20 minutes until falafel is firm to touch.
- 5Serve topped with capsicum jam, remaining broad beans and coriander. Scatter with mint leaves and accompany with light tzatiki, if liked.
Try wrapping a slice of falafel and accompaniments in an iceberg lettuce leaf.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019