- 3/4 cup (135 grams) dried broad beans
- 2/3 cup (130 grams) dried chickpeas
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Place beans and chickpeas in separate bowls, cover with water; stand overnight. Drain, rinse separately under cold water; drain.
- 2Bring a medium saucepan to the boil; add beans and return to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Blend or process beans, chickpeas, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt, soda, onion, flour and egg until almost smooth. Shape level tablespoons of mixture into patties; place on tray, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Heat oil in wok; deep-fry falafel, in batches, until browned. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve falafel with hummus, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020