- small aquarium or straight-sided glass serving dish
- 6 cup chocolate cake crumbs (see tips)
- 2 tablespoon ready-made vanilla frosting
- 1 mini vanilla cupcake
- 2 cup desiccated coconut
- green food colouring
- 50 gram white chocolate melts
- 200 gram packet spearmint leaves, halved
- 12 red mini m&m’s
- 200 gram dark chocolate melts
- 6 green lollipops, crushed
- 4 white milk bottles
- 3 red m&m’s
- mini house and fairies, to decorate
Fairy terrarium cake
- 1Using picture as a guide, spread cake crumbs over base of aquarium.
- 2Tint the coconut green; use disposable gloves to stop the colouring staining your skin. Place the coconut into a bowl and rub drops of green colouring through the coconut until it’s evenly coloured. Sprinkle coconut over cake crumbs.
- 3Reserve four white chocolate Melts. Melt remaining white chocolate. Decorate wall of aquarium with some spearmint leaves to make trees. Secure with melted chocolate.
- 4Spread frosting over cupcake. Decorate with mini M&M’s.
- 5Melt the dark chocolate. Using picture as a guide, pipe chocolate onto baking paper to make a tall and a short tree. Sprinkle tops of trees with crushed lollipops. Allow to set.
- 6Trim top off milk bottles. Secure a reserved white chocolate melt on top of each bottle to make toadstools.
- 7Gently push trees into cake crumbs. Using picture as a guide, position toadstools, cupcake, remaining lollies, and decorations.
We crumbled 2 x 600g packets chocolate cake to make the cake crumbs. Remove any non-edible decorations before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021