- 300 gram mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon marsala
- 300 millilitre carton thickened cream, whipped
- 4 large meringue nests, crushed reserve a little to garnish
- toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- raspberries, to serve
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 wide strips lemon zest, pith removed
- 4 egg-yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine berries and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and berries are warmed through. Remove from heat and stir marsala through. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- 2To make custard, combine, in a medium saucepan, milk, cream and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Remove from heat.
- 3In a bowl, whisk egg-yolks and sugar together. Discard lemon peel. Whisk hot milk into egg mixture and return to a clean saucepan. Stir over low heat for 8-10 minutes, until thickened (custard will coat the back of a spoon when ready). Mix honey and vanilla through, then cool.
- 4Fold cream, meringue and custard through berry mixture. Spoon into serving glasses. Serve topped with almonds, raspberries and reserved crushed meringue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Eggplant ma po tofuToday 1:20am
- Brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 1:29am
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 12:58am
- Healthy banana breadFeb 20, 2020
- Portuguese chickens with fig saladFeb 20, 2020
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieFeb 20, 2020
- Caramel sliceFeb 19, 2020
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawFeb 19, 2020
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsFeb 19, 2020
- Fish and chipsFeb 19, 2020
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniFeb 19, 2020
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingFeb 19, 2020
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Feb 19, 2020