- 300 gram mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon marsala
- 300 millilitre carton thickened cream, whipped
- 4 large meringue nests, crushed reserve a little to garnish
- toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- raspberries, to serve
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 wide strips lemon zest, pith removed
- 4 egg-yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine berries and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and berries are warmed through. Remove from heat and stir marsala through. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- 2To make custard, combine, in a medium saucepan, milk, cream and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Remove from heat.
- 3In a bowl, whisk egg-yolks and sugar together. Discard lemon peel. Whisk hot milk into egg mixture and return to a clean saucepan. Stir over low heat for 8-10 minutes, until thickened (custard will coat the back of a spoon when ready). Mix honey and vanilla through, then cool.
- 4Fold cream, meringue and custard through berry mixture. Spoon into serving glasses. Serve topped with almonds, raspberries and reserved crushed meringue.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021