- 2 x 470g packets buttercake mix
- toy trains
- 3 flat green lollipops
- 250 gram butter, softened
- 3 cup (480 grams) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- yellow food colouring
- cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and flour baking dish.
- 2Make cake according to directions on packet. Spread mixture into baking pan; bake about 50 minutes. Stand cake in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 3Level cake top; turn cake, cut-side down. Using pattern from pattern sheet, cut number eight from cake. Position cake, cut-side down on cake board.
- 4Make butter cream: In a small bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until as white as possible; beat in sifted icing sugar and milk in two batches.
- 5Reserve ½ cup butter cream. Tint remaining butter cream yellow; spread all over cake.
- 6Stir sifted cocoa into reserved butter cream; spoon into piping bag. Using picture as a guide, pipe chocolate butter cream onto cake to make train tracks. Position train, lollipops and flags on cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021