Eggs with dukkah
- 400 gram kumara, peeled, cut into 1cm- thick sticks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup diced almonds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Eggs with dukkah
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray; spray with oil. Roast for 20 minutes. Spray asparagus with oil; add to tray. Roast for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Heat a large frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and stir almonds for 1 minute or until just starting to change colour. Add sesame seeds: cook and stir for 1 minute more or until toasted. Stir in spices; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer mixture to a heatproof bowl. Cool. Season with plenty of ground black pepper.
- 3Place eggs in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over moderate heat, gently stirring (this helps centre yolks). Boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Drain; place eggs in cups on serving plates. Cut off tops.
- 4To serve, drizzle vegies with olive oil; sprinkle with dukkah. Serve eggs with vegies.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019