- 150 gram butter, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 8 slice ciabatta bread
- 160 gram shaved leg ham
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1For the microwave hollandaise, melt the butter in a microwave-safe jug on high (100%) for 1 minute.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, water and juice in a small microwave safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on medium (50%), whisking every 15 seconds, for 1 minute or until thickened slightly. Don't allow the egg yolk mixture to boil.
- 3Add the hot melted butter, a few drops at a time, to the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until the mixture starts to thicken. Continue to add the butter, in a thin stream, whisking constantly, until all the butter is used. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Cover the surface of the sauce with plastic wrap and set aside to keep warm.
- 5To poach the eggs, half-fill a deep frying pan with water, add the vinegar and salt. Bring water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Break an egg into a cup, ensuring the yolk is intact. Stir the water with a fork to create a whirlpool. Carefully pour the egg into the centre of the pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- 6Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- 7To serve, toast the bread. Reheat the eggs by gently sliding them into a large bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towel. Top the toasted bread with the ham, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and chives.
If the hollandaise sauce splits or separates, place another egg yolk in a clean bowl and gradually whisk in the separated sauce, about a teaspoon at a time, until it's all incorporated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019