- 1 large eggplant, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (70 grams) tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1To disgorge the eggplant, place in a strainer, sprinkle with salt then stand 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain on absorbent paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook eggplant and garlic, stirring, over low heat about 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- 3Blend or process eggplant mixture, tahini and juice until smooth.
- 4Transfer mixture to serving dish; sprinkle with paprika. Serve with crisp fresh vegetables and warm pita bread.
Can be made two days ahead; keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020