- 1 large eggplant, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (70 grams) tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1To disgorge the eggplant, place in a strainer, sprinkle with salt then stand 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain on absorbent paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook eggplant and garlic, stirring, over low heat about 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- 3Blend or process eggplant mixture, tahini and juice until smooth.
- 4Transfer mixture to serving dish; sprinkle with paprika. Serve with crisp fresh vegetables and warm pita bread.
Can be made two days ahead; keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019