- 1 large eggplant, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (70 grams) tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1To disgorge the eggplant, place in a strainer, sprinkle with salt then stand 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain on absorbent paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook eggplant and garlic, stirring, over low heat about 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- 3Blend or process eggplant mixture, tahini and juice until smooth.
- 4Transfer mixture to serving dish; sprinkle with paprika. Serve with crisp fresh vegetables and warm pita bread.
Can be made two days ahead; keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019