- 1 large eggplant, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (70 grams) tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1To disgorge the eggplant, place in a strainer, sprinkle with salt then stand 30 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain on absorbent paper.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook eggplant and garlic, stirring, over low heat about 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- 3Blend or process eggplant mixture, tahini and juice until smooth.
- 4Transfer mixture to serving dish; sprinkle with paprika. Serve with crisp fresh vegetables and warm pita bread.
Can be made two days ahead; keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesAug 02, 2020
- Roast lambAug 02, 2020
- Cheese delightsAug 02, 2020
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy lunchbox recipesAug 02, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerAug 02, 2020
- Savoury apple sauceAug 02, 2020
- Cheesecake recipesAug 02, 2020
- Our favourite family roastsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020