- 2 large_piece (1kg) eggplants
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Remove and discard stem ends from eggplants, prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on oiled oven tray, roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until soft. Cool. Peel eggplants, chop flesh finely.
- 3Combine eggplant, cheese, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, flour and eggs in large bowl. Using wetted hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraToday 5:37am
- White ChristmasYesterday 9:00pm
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Best edible Christmas giftsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020
- Raspberry and almond trifleNov 20, 2020
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 20, 2020
- Iced vovo sliceNov 19, 2020
- Christmas pudding ice-cream bombesNov 19, 2020
- Banana smoothieNov 19, 2020
- Honeycomb and hazelnut frozen parfait puddingNov 19, 2020
- How to make preserved lemonsNov 19, 2020