- 2 large_piece (1kg) eggplants
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Remove and discard stem ends from eggplants, prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on oiled oven tray, roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until soft. Cool. Peel eggplants, chop flesh finely.
- 3Combine eggplant, cheese, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, flour and eggs in large bowl. Using wetted hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020