- 2 large_piece (1kg) eggplants
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Remove and discard stem ends from eggplants, prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on oiled oven tray, roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until soft. Cool. Peel eggplants, chop flesh finely.
- 3Combine eggplant, cheese, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, flour and eggs in large bowl. Using wetted hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesAug 02, 2020
- Roast lambAug 02, 2020
- Cheese delightsAug 02, 2020
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy lunchbox recipesAug 02, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerAug 02, 2020
- Savoury apple sauceAug 02, 2020
- Cheesecake recipesAug 02, 2020
- Our favourite family roastsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020