- 2 large_piece (1kg) eggplants
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Remove and discard stem ends from eggplants, prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on oiled oven tray, roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until soft. Cool. Peel eggplants, chop flesh finely.
- 3Combine eggplant, cheese, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, flour and eggs in large bowl. Using wetted hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020