- 2 large_piece (1kg) eggplants
- 1 cup (100g) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Remove and discard stem ends from eggplants, prick eggplants all over with fork. Place on oiled oven tray, roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until soft. Cool. Peel eggplants, chop flesh finely.
- 3Combine eggplant, cheese, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, flour and eggs in large bowl. Using wetted hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until browned both sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021