Egg fu yung
- 250 gram cooked prawns, shelled, deveined
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup (160g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 green onions, sliced into matchsticks, plus extra sliced green onion to serve
- 125 gram shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stock, heated
Egg fu yung
- 1Slice prawns in half lengthways. Combine with egg, beansprouts, green onion and mushrooms in a bowl. Season.
- 2Combine soy sauce, cornflour and sugar in a saucepan, add warm chicken stock and 1/2 cup water and stir briskly on medium heat, until boiling. Set aside.
- 3Heat a lightly oiled heavy-based frying pan on medium-high. When hot, drop in a batch of 1/3 cup measures of prawn mixture, about 2cm apart. Fry for 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn and cook other side until lightly browned.
- 4Transfer to a warm dish while cooking remaining mixture, adding more oil when necessary. Drizzle with sauce and top with extra green onion and a grinding of pepper to serve.
Serve this dish with steamed rice for a complete meal.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019