- 1 small loaf ciabatta, sliced
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 150 gram shaved ham
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1Preheat grill on high. Toast both sides of bread 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- 2In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread over toast.
- 3Top each piece of toast with an even amount of ham, tomato, avocado and egg. Sprinkle with cheese and grill 2-3 minutes until melted.
You will have enough topping for about 8-10 slices of bread. For a more elaborate version, slice a ciabatta or french stick in half, top as for toasted bread, above, and add some spinach and basil leaves. Combine the tasty cheese with an even amount of grated mozzarella. Grill until hot and bubbly.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Healthy meal ideas when you don't know what to makeYesterday 5:27am
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019
- Classic rum ballsNov 01, 2019
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsOct 31, 2019