Egg and bacon wedges
- 3 eggs
- 3 rindless bacon slices (195g)
- 3/4 cup (110g) drained semi-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3/4 cup (90g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk, approximately
Egg and bacon wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Cover eggs with cold water in medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring, to centre the yolks. Simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Drain; rinse eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle, then peel the eggs.
- 3Meanwhile, cook bacon in heated large frying pan until crisp; drain on absorbent paper. Coarsely chop eggs, bacon and tomatoes; combine with half the cheese in medium bowl.
- 4Sift flour and sugar into large bowl; stir in bacon mixture. Make a well in the centre; add milk. Use a knife to 'cut' milk through flour mixture until mixture forms a soft sticky dough. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead gently until smooth. Press dough into a 22cm (9 inch) round on oven tray. Dip knife in flour, cut dough into eight wedges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake wedges about 30 minutes or until wedges sound hollow when tapped. Cool on tray.
Wrap individual wedges in plastic wrap and freeze for up to three months. Defrost as required either overnight in the refrigerator or in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020