- 3.5 litre (14 cups) choc-chip ice-cream, softened
- 1 cream-filled chocolate sponge finger, chilled
- 2/3 cup (180ml) milk chocolate ice magic
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) packaged chocolate finger biscuits
- 100 gram (3 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, grated coarsely
- 2 green smarties
- 1Line pudding steamer with plastic wrap, extending plastic 10cm (4 inches) over side of pan; press softened ice-cream into steamer, smoothing surface. Fold plastic wrap over ice-cream to enclose. Freeze 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- 2Turn steamer upside down on baking paper-lined tray. Remove steamer and plastic wrap from ice-cream.
- 3Working quickly, trim 2cm (¾ inch) from sponge finger; position at base of cake for nose. Using Ice Magic, coat nose and face in chocolate, as shown; stand until chocolate is almost set. Using sharp knife, trim away any excess chocolate. Return to freezer if necessary.
- 4Working quickly, push finger biscuits into ice-cream body; sprinkle between biscuits with grated chocolate.
- 5Using a little Ice Magic, secure Smarties to echidna for eyes.
- 6Freeze echidna until ready to serve. Using egg slides, transfer echidna from baking paper to cake board.
2.25-litre (9-cup) pudding steamer. 20cm x 28cm (8-inch x 11¼-inch) rectangular prepared cake board. Use a good quality ice-cream; actual varieties of ice-cream differ from manufacturer to manufacturer depending on the quantities of air and fat that have been incorporated into the mixture. Once the ice-cream softens and melts slightly, it takes up less space that is why 3.5 litres of ice-cream can fit into a 2.25-litre pudding steamer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fish skewers with labne & chilli tomato saladOct 30, 2020
- Vegan mayonnaiseOct 30, 2020
- Smoky tomato & bacon frittersOct 30, 2020
- Japanese cabbage pancakesOct 30, 2020
- Vegetable & lentil pot piesOct 30, 2020
- Lemon drizzle cakeOct 30, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeOct 30, 2020
- Blueberry muffinsOct 29, 2020
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesOct 29, 2020
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020