It's not a celebration without cake and these tiny treats are always a hit. Decorate them with different coloured icing and toppings for a one-of-a-kind spread.
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a 12-hole (⅓ cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Beat ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour.
- 3Spoon mixture into cases.
- 4Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 5Leave in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021