Easy smores cake
- 3 x 600g packet mud cakes
- 250 gram packet wheatmeal biscuits
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 2 x 300g jars chocolate fudge sauce
- 750 gram cream cheese, chopped
- 250 gram white marshmallows, halved, plus extra to decorate
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoon gelatine
- 1/3 cup boiling water
Easy smores cake
- 1Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Lightly grease and line three 22cm round spring-form cake pans.
- 2Prepare mud cakes following packet instructions. Set aside to cool. Trim tops from cakes to level if needed, and return 2 to greased and lined spring-form pans. Set third cake aside.
- 3Reserve two wheatmeal biscuits. In a food processor pulse remaining biscuits until crumbs from. Add butter, pulsing until combined.
- 4Dollop 2 tablespoons of fudge sauce over each mud cake in pans, spreading evenly (see tips). Divide biscuit mixture evenly over each, pressing to level. Chill 30 minutes.
- 5In a medium saucepan, heat cream cheese, marshmallow, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla on medium, stirring until melted and smooth.
- 6In a small jug whisk gelatine into boiling water until dissolved. Whisk into marshmallow mixture until combined. Cool slightly, then pour over biscuit layers in pans. Chill 4 hours until set.
- 7Place one cheesecake topped cake on a serving plate. Dollop with 1 tablespoon fudge sauce, spreading evenly. Top with remaining cheesecake topped cake. Spread with 1 tablespoon fudge sauce, then top with reserved plain mud cake.
- 8Reserve 1/4 cup of fudge sauce. Pour remaining over top of cake, allowing it to drizzle down sides. Roughly crush reserved biscuits. Sprinkle over top with extra marshmallows. Drizzle with reserved sauce.
You may need to microwave the fudge sauce in 15 second bursts to make it easier to drizzle.