- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 750 gram beef mince
- 700 gram jar provvista sugo classica (italian cooking sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 425 gram prepared boscaiola or carbonara sauce
- 375 gram packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 2 cup (220g) shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep frying pan; cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add mince, cook, stirring, until mince changes colour. Stir in the sauce and oregano; simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Grease a 2.5-litre (10-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Spread 1/3 cup boscaiola sauce over base of dish. Layer two pasta sheets, 1/4 of the meat sauce and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Repeat layering, starting with pasta sauce and ending with cheese (you will have four layers in total). Top the final layer with remaining boscaiola sauce and remaining cheese.
- 4Bake lasagne, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until the top is browned and pasta is tender. Stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistToday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeToday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsToday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonYesterday 11:44pm
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkYesterday 1:23am
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaYesterday 12:02am
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019