- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 750 gram beef mince
- 700 gram jar provvista sugo classica (italian cooking sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 425 gram prepared boscaiola or carbonara sauce
- 375 gram packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 2 cup (220g) shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep frying pan; cook onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add mince, cook, stirring, until mince changes colour. Stir in the sauce and oregano; simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Grease a 2.5-litre (10-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Spread 1/3 cup boscaiola sauce over base of dish. Layer two pasta sheets, 1/4 of the meat sauce and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Repeat layering, starting with pasta sauce and ending with cheese (you will have four layers in total). Top the final layer with remaining boscaiola sauce and remaining cheese.
- 4Bake lasagne, uncovered, for about 40 minutes or until the top is browned and pasta is tender. Stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021