Looking for more traditional Christmas pudding recipes?
Easy christmas pudding
- 5 cup (1kg) mixed dried fruit
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 300 millilitre sour cream
- 2 1/4 cup (335g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Easy christmas pudding
- 1Grease a pudding steamer or basin (1.75-litre/7-cup capacity), line base with a round of baking paper.
- 2Place mixed fruit into a large bowl, stir to separate fruit.
- 3Beat eggs and sifted brown sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Add egg mixture to the mixed fruit then stir in the sour cream and sifted dry ingredients.
- 4Spoon pudding mixture into the prepared steamer. Place a 30cm x 40cm sheet of foil on bench, grease foil; top with a sheet of baking paper. Fold a 5cm pleat crossways through the centre of both sheets.
- 5Place sheets, baking paper-side-down, over steamer, secure with lid or string. Make a handle with excess string. Crush surplus foil and baking paper firmly around rim to help form a good seal.
- 6Place the pudding in a large boiler with enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of steamer. Cover the boiler with a tight-fitting lid; steam for 5 hours. Replenish with boiling water as necessary to maintain boil and water level during cooking. Stand the pudding for 15 minutes before turning out. Cool.
- 7Wrap the pudding thoroughly in plastic wrap then place in an airtight container or freezer bag.
This recipe can be made a month ahead. This recipe can be boiled in a cloth or steamed in a basin.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021