- 250 gram white fondant icing
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 12 whole-wheat digestive biscuits
- red and green writing icing, to decorate
- 1Knead fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar until soft and pliable. Roll out fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar to 2mm thick.
- 2Using 45cm Christmas cookie cutters, cut out shapes from fondant. Brush one side with a little water. Arrange Christmas shapes, wet-side down, on biscuits. Decorate shapes with writing icing. Transfer to a wire rack to set.
Cookies are best eaten on the day they're decorated. You'll find white fondant icing near the sugar or in the baking aisle. Tint icing before using if you like; decorate in contrasting colours. You can use any plain biscuits instead of digestives. For a lovely Christmas gift, wrap biscuits individually in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019