- 250 gram white fondant icing
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 12 whole-wheat digestive biscuits
- red and green writing icing, to decorate
- 1Knead fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar until soft and pliable. Roll out fondant on a surface dusted with icing sugar to 2mm thick.
- 2Using 45cm Christmas cookie cutters, cut out shapes from fondant. Brush one side with a little water. Arrange Christmas shapes, wet-side down, on biscuits. Decorate shapes with writing icing. Transfer to a wire rack to set.
Cookies are best eaten on the day they're decorated. You'll find white fondant icing near the sugar or in the baking aisle. Tint icing before using if you like; decorate in contrasting colours. You can use any plain biscuits instead of digestives. For a lovely Christmas gift, wrap biscuits individually in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020