- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon hot water
- pink food colouring
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut, (optional)
Easy boston bun
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup currants or sultanas
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (300ml) buttermilk
Easy boston bun
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
- 2Sift flours, soda and salt together into a large bowl. Stir through dried fruits and sugar. Make a well in the centre. Pour in buttermilk and mix quickly to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn dough onto a lightly floured bench. Knead gently into a smooth, round ball. Place on tray.
- 4Bake 25-30 minutes, until bun sounds hollow when tapped. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Cool on tray 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5To make icing; in a bowl, combine icing sugar and water. Add a few drops of food colouring, mixing well. Drizzle over bun. Sprinkle with coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020