- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1/2-1 tablespoon hot water
- pink food colouring
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut, (optional)
Easy boston bun
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup currants or sultanas
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (300ml) buttermilk
Easy boston bun
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
- 2Sift flours, soda and salt together into a large bowl. Stir through dried fruits and sugar. Make a well in the centre. Pour in buttermilk and mix quickly to a soft, sticky dough.
- 3Turn dough onto a lightly floured bench. Knead gently into a smooth, round ball. Place on tray.
- 4Bake 25-30 minutes, until bun sounds hollow when tapped. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Cool on tray 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5To make icing; in a bowl, combine icing sugar and water. Add a few drops of food colouring, mixing well. Drizzle over bun. Sprinkle with coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021