- 3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 125 gram butter
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 5 whole cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2In a large bowl, combine walnuts, pistachios, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- 3In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Layer 4 sheets filo on a board, brushing each with butter. Trim to fit an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Arrange in pan. Spread over 1/3 of filling. Repeat layers, finishing with a pastry layer. Trim pastry. Brush with butter. Using a small, sharp knife, score pastry into triangles. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the syrup; in a medium saucepan, stir water, caster sugar, honey, lemon zest and cloves on low until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, not stirring, for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove zest and cloves. Cool slightly.
- 5Pour syrup over hot slice. Cool. Cut into diamonds to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019