- 3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 125 gram butter
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 5 whole cloves
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2In a large bowl, combine walnuts, pistachios, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- 3In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Layer 4 sheets filo on a board, brushing each with butter. Trim to fit an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Arrange in pan. Spread over 1/3 of filling. Repeat layers, finishing with a pastry layer. Trim pastry. Brush with butter. Using a small, sharp knife, score pastry into triangles. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the syrup; in a medium saucepan, stir water, caster sugar, honey, lemon zest and cloves on low until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, not stirring, for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove zest and cloves. Cool slightly.
- 5Pour syrup over hot slice. Cool. Cut into diamonds to serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019