Easy apple pie
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, defrosted (for pie base)
- butter, for greasing
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 packet ready-rolled careme vanilla bean sweet shortcrust pastry, defrosted (for pie top)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- icing sugar, to sprinkle on top
- pouring cream, to serve
Easy apple pie
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Blind-bake pie base.
- 2Meanwhile, pour water into saucepan, Add apple chunks, caster sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon or nutmeg. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove blind-baked base from oven and set aside to cool.
- 4Lay careme pastry on board. Cut a circle to fit pie top.
- 5Drain excess liquid from apple mix, then spread mix evenly over base. Sprinkle remaining caster sugar over apple. Cover with pie top, crimping pastry edges together. In bowl, whisk egg and milk with fork. Lightly brush pastry top with egg wash.
- 6Bake pie for 20 to 30 minutes until top is golden and apple is cooked. Sprinkle icing sugar over pie.
- 7Serve pie warm with cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020