Easy apple pie
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, defrosted (for pie base)
- butter, for greasing
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 packet ready-rolled careme vanilla bean sweet shortcrust pastry, defrosted (for pie top)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- icing sugar, to sprinkle on top
- pouring cream, to serve
Easy apple pie
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan. Blind-bake pie base.
- 2Meanwhile, pour water into saucepan, Add apple chunks, caster sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon or nutmeg. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove blind-baked base from oven and set aside to cool.
- 4Lay careme pastry on board. Cut a circle to fit pie top.
- 5Drain excess liquid from apple mix, then spread mix evenly over base. Sprinkle remaining caster sugar over apple. Cover with pie top, crimping pastry edges together. In bowl, whisk egg and milk with fork. Lightly brush pastry top with egg wash.
- 6Bake pie for 20 to 30 minutes until top is golden and apple is cooked. Sprinkle icing sugar over pie.
- 7Serve pie warm with cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022