- 3 chocolate hot cross buns
- 85 gram packet berry-flavoured jelly crystals
- 825 gram can pear slices in natural juice
- 500 gram store-bought thick vanilla custard
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1Prepare jelly as directed on packet; refrigerate until set, then cut into cubes.
- 2Cut 3 chocolate hot cross buns into approximately 1.5cm cubes. Set aside about 1 cup of the bun cubes for garnish. Sprinkle remaining cubes over base of a 7-cup capacity glass serving bowl.
- 3Layer drained pears, diced jelly and custard over bun cubes. Cover and refrigerate trifle until required. Just before serving, lightly toast reserved bun cubes and allow to cool.
- 4Beat cream and caster sugar together until soft peaks form. Spread cream over custard layer and sprinkle top with toasted bun cubes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021