- 3 chocolate hot cross buns
- 85 gram packet berry-flavoured jelly crystals
- 825 gram can pear slices in natural juice
- 500 gram store-bought thick vanilla custard
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1Prepare jelly as directed on packet; refrigerate until set, then cut into cubes.
- 2Cut 3 chocolate hot cross buns into approximately 1.5cm cubes. Set aside about 1 cup of the bun cubes for garnish. Sprinkle remaining cubes over base of a 7-cup capacity glass serving bowl.
- 3Layer drained pears, diced jelly and custard over bun cubes. Cover and refrigerate trifle until required. Just before serving, lightly toast reserved bun cubes and allow to cool.
- 4Beat cream and caster sugar together until soft peaks form. Spread cream over custard layer and sprinkle top with toasted bun cubes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019