- 3 chocolate hot cross buns
- 85 gram packet berry-flavoured jelly crystals
- 825 gram can pear slices in natural juice
- 500 gram store-bought thick vanilla custard
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1Prepare jelly as directed on packet; refrigerate until set, then cut into cubes.
- 2Cut 3 chocolate hot cross buns into approximately 1.5cm cubes. Set aside about 1 cup of the bun cubes for garnish. Sprinkle remaining cubes over base of a 7-cup capacity glass serving bowl.
- 3Layer drained pears, diced jelly and custard over bun cubes. Cover and refrigerate trifle until required. Just before serving, lightly toast reserved bun cubes and allow to cool.
- 4Beat cream and caster sugar together until soft peaks form. Spread cream over custard layer and sprinkle top with toasted bun cubes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020