Brought to you by CSR Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups CSR Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 250 grams CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mixture
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 teaspoons water
- Fresh bay leaves and candied or fresh orange slices, for decorating
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line two 20cm cake pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and eggs until well combined. Add to flour mixture with the grated carrot. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, refrigerate covered until required for assembly.
- 5Place sugar and water in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Increase heat and boil without stirring until a golden colour is achieved. Add cream to pan, swirling to combine and remove from heat, allowing to cool.
- 6Place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix, spice and water, mixing well.
- 7For assembly, place one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Top with half of the buttercream and a half of the caramel sauce. Place second cake on top and smooth over the remaining buttercream. Drizzle with caramel sauce and decorate with bay leaves and candied orange slices.
CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mixture is available from Woolworths and independents nationally in the sugar aisle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingJun 02, 2020
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingJun 02, 2020
- Jam roll puddingJun 02, 2020
- Hungarian goulashJun 02, 2020
- Tasty tagine recipesJun 02, 2020
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 02, 2020
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020