Brought to you by CSR Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups CSR Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 250 grams CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mixture
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 teaspoons water
- Fresh bay leaves and candied or fresh orange slices, for decorating
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line two 20cm cake pans.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and eggs until well combined. Add to flour mixture with the grated carrot. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, refrigerate covered until required for assembly.
- 5Place sugar and water in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Increase heat and boil without stirring until a golden colour is achieved. Add cream to pan, swirling to combine and remove from heat, allowing to cool.
- 6Place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix, spice and water, mixing well.
- 7For assembly, place one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Top with half of the buttercream and a half of the caramel sauce. Place second cake on top and smooth over the remaining buttercream. Drizzle with caramel sauce and decorate with bay leaves and candied orange slices.
CSR Vanilla Buttercream Icing Mixture is available from Woolworths and independents nationally in the sugar aisle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019