- 250 grams butter, chopped
- 160 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (385g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) frozen raspberries
- 375 grams white chocolate Melts
- pink gel or powder food colouring
- 1 cup (80g) shredded coconut
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 3 cups (500g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line muffin pans (⅓-cup/80ml capacity) with paper cases.
- 2Stir butter, chopped chocolate, sugar and milk in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk sifted flours into chocolate mixture, then egg and vanilla. Drop ¼ cups of mixture into cases. Sprinkle about 4 raspberries on top of each. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4Meanwhile, make bunny ears. Draw 40 bunny ears, about 5m-6cm high and 2cm wide, on two sheets of baking paper; turn paper over and place on trays. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; stir until melted. Pour ¼ of the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl. Tint large bowl of chocolate pink. Pour pink chocolate into a piping bag fitted with a 2mm tube (or spoon chocolate into corner of a snap-lock bag; snip off the corner). Repeat with white chocolate. Pipe pink chocolate to cover ears. Freeze for 1-2 minutes or until firm. Pipe a white centre on each ear. Freeze for 1-2 minutes or until set.
- 5Beat butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until as white as possible. Beat in half the sifted icing sugar, milk, then remaining icing sugar.
- 6Spread Butter Cream thickly over cakes. Place coconut in a shallow dish. Dip cakes into coconut. Insert ears.
Iced but undecorated cakes suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegan roastYesterday 11:59pm
- 4 ways with roast potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingDec 13, 2019
- Rosé and raspberry trifleDec 13, 2019
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019