Earl grey tea pots
- 180 gram butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar
- 3 teaspoon loose-leaf earl grey tea
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) cornflour
- 50 gram white chocolate
- 2 tablespoon oyster-coloured cachous
- 1 tablespoon opal sanding sugar
- 1/3 cup (400g) icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) limoncello liqueur
Earl grey tea pots
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two oven trays and line with baking paper.
- 2Process butter, icing sugar and tea in a food processor until pale. Add sifted flour and cornflour; pulse until dough comes together, stopping occasionally to scrape down side of bowl. Flatten dough until 1.5cm thick, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes
- 3Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper until about 8mm thick. Using the teapot cutter, cut out shapes, re-rolling pastry scraps until all dough is used.
- 4Place teapots on trays 2.5cm apart. Bake 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 5Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, taking care not to let the bowl touch water. Cool to room temperature, but still melted. Spoon chocolate into paper piping bag. Pipe a teapot outline on the biscuits. Leave to set.
- 6Meanwhile, to make limoncello icing, stir sifted icing sugar and liqueur in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until icing is smooth; cool slightly.
- 7Using a palette knife, spread icing inside chocolate outline. Sprinkle with sugar pearls then sanding sugar. Stand until set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022