- 1.2 kilogram waxy potatoes (nicola, Dutch creams, kipfler or desiree)
- 1/4 cup (60g) duck fat
- 1/4 cup (60mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced).
- 2Scrub the potatoes well, then place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and a pinch of salt and place over a high heat. Place lid on the pan and bring to a low boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes, then cut in half or into quarters, depending on the size.
- 4Meanwhile, place fat and oil into a shallow baking dish and place the dish in the oven until hot. Remove the baking dish from the oven, add potatoes to the dish and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss well to ensure the potatoes are well covered with fat. Roast potatoes for 10 minutes, then add the rosemary. Turn the potatoes and roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Not suitable to freeze or microwave
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020