- 1.2 kilogram waxy potatoes (nicola, Dutch creams, kipfler or desiree)
- 1/4 cup (60g) duck fat
- 1/4 cup (60mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced).
- 2Scrub the potatoes well, then place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and a pinch of salt and place over a high heat. Place lid on the pan and bring to a low boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes, then cut in half or into quarters, depending on the size.
- 4Meanwhile, place fat and oil into a shallow baking dish and place the dish in the oven until hot. Remove the baking dish from the oven, add potatoes to the dish and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss well to ensure the potatoes are well covered with fat. Roast potatoes for 10 minutes, then add the rosemary. Turn the potatoes and roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Not suitable to freeze or microwave
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020