- 1.2 kilogram waxy potatoes (nicola, Dutch creams, kipfler or desiree)
- 1/4 cup (60g) duck fat
- 1/4 cup (60mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan-forced).
- 2Scrub the potatoes well, then place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and a pinch of salt and place over a high heat. Place lid on the pan and bring to a low boil, then lower the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Drain the potatoes, then cut in half or into quarters, depending on the size.
- 4Meanwhile, place fat and oil into a shallow baking dish and place the dish in the oven until hot. Remove the baking dish from the oven, add potatoes to the dish and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss well to ensure the potatoes are well covered with fat. Roast potatoes for 10 minutes, then add the rosemary. Turn the potatoes and roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Not suitable to freeze or microwave
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021