- 125 gram butter
- 150 gram dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 10 rolos (caramel-centred chocolates)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a muffin tray with 10 muffin papers or grease well.
- 2Place the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl and heat gently in the microwave until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, soda and cocoa. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- 4Combine the egg mixture with the cooled chocolate. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- 5Fill the muffin cases halfway, then add a Rolo in the centre of each. Cover with remaining mixture to encase the Rolo.
- 6Bake for 15-20 minutes, then serve warm.
Browned on the outside, gooey in the centre – a special treat for kids and adults alike. Serve these straight from the oven with coffee or reheat later as dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a swirl of rich caramel or chocolate sauce. Rolo chocolates are available at the supermarket in large bars.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022