- 200 gram pork mince
- 200 gram chicken mince
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce, plus extra, to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 36 flour wanton wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- vegetable or rice bran oil, to deep-fry
- 1Combine pork and chicken mince, onion, garlic, plum sauce and spice in a large bowl.
- 2For each dim sim, place a wrapper on a flat work surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons pork mixture onto centre. Brush edges with egg white. Lift up wrapper corners; pinch to form a pouch enclosing filling. Place on a plate.
- 3Pour oil into a wok or heavy-based saucepan to 5cm deep. Heat over high heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Deep-fry dim sims, in batches, for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Use a metal slotted spoon to transfer to a heatproof plate lined with paper towels. Serve dim sims with extra plum sauce.
Add 1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginger or sesame oil to mince if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019