Homemade jams and preserves are so simple to make. There are no excuses not to have this one on hand for tasty teas or to start your day off sweet by spreading on a bagel for breakfast.
Dark plum jam
- 18 blood plums
- 4 cup (1l) water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lemon juice
- 6 cup (1.3kg) sugar
Dark plum jam
- 1Cut plums into quarters, remove stones. Combine plums and the water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- 2Add juice and sugar; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- 3Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until jam jells when tested. Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars; seal while hot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020