Homemade jams and preserves are so simple to make. There are no excuses not to have this one on hand for tasty teas or to start your day off sweet by spreading on a bagel for breakfast.
Dark plum jam
- 18 blood plums
- 4 cup (1l) water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lemon juice
- 6 cup (1.3kg) sugar
Dark plum jam
- 1Cut plums into quarters, remove stones. Combine plums and the water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- 2Add juice and sugar; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- 3Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until jam jells when tested. Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars; seal while hot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020