Dark chocolate bundt cake
- 15 gram butter, softened, for greasing
- 2 x 180g Lindt Dessert Premium Dark chocolate blocks, chopped finely
- 250 gram butter, extra, softened
- 2 cup (440g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds (almond meal)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, chopped coarsley
- 1 x 180g Lindt Dessert Premium Dark chocolate block, chopped finely
- 100 gram butter, chopped
Dark chocolate bundt cake
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Grease a large 26cm bundt pan (2.5 litre capacity) liberally with the soft butter.
- 2Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t allow the bowl to touch the water); stir until just melted. Cool slightly.
- 3Beat the extra butter and sugar in medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- 4On low speed, gradually add the combined sifted flours, cocoa and cinnamon then the ground almonds and milk in batches. Fold in the melted chocolate until combined. Spoon the cake mixture into pan.
- 5Bake cake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs. Leave cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Place the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan, stir until low heat just melted.
- 7Spoon some of the glaze over cake; sprinkle with pistachios. Serve cake with remaining glaze and thick cream, if desired.
Chopping the chocolate finely allows it to melt evenly and quickly over low heat without the risk of the chocolate overheating.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesYesterday 1:00pm
- Stained glass biscottiYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best shepherd's pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesYesterday 1:00pm
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 prawn salad recipes for you to try this ChristmasYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas tree shortbreadsYesterday 6:06am
- Jam shortbread snowflakesYesterday 6:00am
- Delicious pumpkin rolls with cook and TV personality Diana ChanYesterday 5:00am
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- How to make your own pizza doughYesterday 4:00am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchYesterday 12:29am