- 1/3 cup (110g) rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon dutch-processed cocoa
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 gram dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 8 fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 cup (480g) soft ricotta
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1Stir syrup, cocoa, the water and extract in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to the boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- 2Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water (don't let the water touch the base of the bowl); stir until melted and smooth.
- 3Process dates and milk until dates are finely chopped. Add ricotta; process until smooth. Add melted chocolate; process until well combined.
- 4Spoon mousse into six ¾ cup (180ml) serving glasses. Spoon cocoa syrup on mousse; top with pomegranate seeds and nuts.
Fresh pomegranate seeds can sometimes be found in the fridge section of supermarkets or good green grocers. If they're not available, cut a whole pomegranate in half crossways; hold it, cut-side down, in the palm of your hand over a bowl, then hit the outside firmly with a wooden spoon. The seeds should fall out easily; discard any white pith that falls out with them. Pomegranate seeds will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020