- 250 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180 gram dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (90g) roasted unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped finely
- 1Stir butter, sugar and the water in a medium heavy-based saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, until toffee mixture reaches 155°C on a sugar thermometer.
- 2Remove pan from the heat; allow bubbles to subside. Stir in extract. Drop tablespoonfuls of toffee mixture onto baking-paper-lined trays. Stand until set.
- 3Melt chocolate. Dip toffee into chocolate, then in nuts; return to trays. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
If you prefer, you can make one large slab of toffee; pour the toffee mixture onto a baking paper-lined oven tray and stand until set. Spread the back of the toffee slab with melted chocolate then sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, then break toffee into pieces before serving. You will need a sugar (candy) thermometer for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020