- 250 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180 gram dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (90g) roasted unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped finely
- 1Stir butter, sugar and the water in a medium heavy-based saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, until toffee mixture reaches 155°C on a sugar thermometer.
- 2Remove pan from the heat; allow bubbles to subside. Stir in extract. Drop tablespoonfuls of toffee mixture onto baking-paper-lined trays. Stand until set.
- 3Melt chocolate. Dip toffee into chocolate, then in nuts; return to trays. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
If you prefer, you can make one large slab of toffee; pour the toffee mixture onto a baking paper-lined oven tray and stand until set. Spread the back of the toffee slab with melted chocolate then sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, then break toffee into pieces before serving. You will need a sugar (candy) thermometer for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019